22 Jun Summer Enjoyment… Can mean cost savings too!
We know it’s hot out there, but there are fun activities that are not costly and can even save you money, such as:
- Cooking and eating outside means less heat in the house and more enjoyment;
- Go camping, especially now with 60 second ‘pop-up’ tents, makes it easy and kids love it;
- Enjoy available swimming pools including: public pools, relatives’ pools and neighbour’s;
- Also, there are several close beaches (2 great lakes less than 60 minutes away);
- Can sleep in the lower level, if basement finished.
On a more practical basis, you can:
- Reduce A/C when not needed;
- Close drapes/blinds to keep out heat;
- Whenever possible, take advantage of natural breezes and shade.